I came across an interesting blog article from a fellow blogger named Michael Van Cleave. He mentioned how to disable "My Sites" and "My Links" in MOSS 2007. I thought that it would be good to re-specify how to do this in MOSS 2007. The directions are below. Thanks Mike.
In order to turn off or disable the "My Site" or "My Links" functionality you need to be a SharePoint Administrator. Then follow the steps below.
- Go to the Central Administration Web Page
- Click on the link for Shared Services Administration
- If you have more than one Shared Service Provider (SSP), select the one that is running the "My Sites" functionality
- Under "User Profiles and My Sites", click "Personalization Services Permissions"
- Select the group you want to limit the functionality. More than likely you will just have "NTAuthority\Authenticated Users"
- In the next screen, you will see a list of checkboxes
- To disable "My Sites" uncheck "Create Personal Site"
- To disable "My Links" uncheck "Use Personal Features"
- Select the checkbox that is appropriate for you